Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Rsquared333 Send a message via MSN to Rsquared333 Send a message via Yahoo to Rsquared333
Aquarium Stand Help

I have a 46 gal bf but the bf tank stands have no room for a sump or fuge. So I am looking for a standard aquarium stand that could hold the tank the dimentions for the 46 gal bf which are 37" x 16.5" x 21" (L x W x H). An inch or two or three extra space would be preferable for the length and width. does anyone know a good online store for stands that will fit my needs, a place were they might be ordered, or have one around this size that they want to sell?

Old 02-05-2005, 11:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

You may be better off to go to a local cabinet shop and have them make it. You could probably get it out of an inexpensive wood custom sized cheaper than you could get a presswood one off the internet that won't be exactly what you want anyway. Just a thought.

http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm currently building one right now... like... literally. Reinforced with 2X4 so that there isn't a center brace on the front means that any fuge/sump can fit underneath. If ya want, I can upload the plans... if you're DIY savvy.

~~Rob
Old 02-06-2005, 12:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Rsquared333 Send a message via MSN to Rsquared333 Send a message via Yahoo to Rsquared333
If you would that would be great. I would love to get a look at it. thanks.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:57 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No prob... I finish building it tomorrow... I'll scan the blueprints and take some pics of the finished stand and let you all see.

~~Rob
Old 02-06-2005, 09:06 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, I want to see them also. the metal stand for my 46 bowfront is really wobbly.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I built two stands - one for my develeoping 30 gal SW and for for a 90 FW. They're probably so overbuilt I could park my car on them, but this way I know they're safe (I hope!!). The one that I bought (for a 55 gal), is too narrow to hold a standard aquarium under it to use as a sump. If I ever want a sump for that tank, I'll have to try my hand at working with acrylic, which I'm actually quite nervous about....

I'd love to see the plans, too. Maybe it will give me better ideas for a future project.

Livestock I added:

1 skunk cleaner. 12 hermits: red, scarlet, blue. 15 or so assorted snails. Discosomas, Ricordia, Rhodactis mushroom corals, chaetomorpha (sump), 1 feather duster, Montipora digitata, Montipora capricornis, Montipora hispids. assorted zoos, Xenia, Kenya tree coral, green Sinularia, green star polyps, branching hammer coral, bubble coral, Devil's hand leather. Yellow chromis, purple firefish.

Hitchhikers: the usual suspects :crabs, bristles, urchin, mantis shrimp (now in exile in mantis tank)

List of possible/likely newcomers:

Feather duster. PJ cardinal, Bangghai cardinal, Firefish goby, Clownfish, Neon goby, Yellow watchman goby, Orchid dottyback. Various corals.
midiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
They're probably so overbuilt I could park my car on them, but this way I know they're safe (I hope!!).

I know what you mean, I built one for my 125, After finishing the frame I got on top and jumped up and down to see if it would hold me. I'm not a little fellow either.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

I welded mine for my 150gal out of 2" square tubing with six 7/8" leveling legs all sitting on 8" channel iron. I just hate working with wood. Besides, if you can't park your truck on it, why bother.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to xahx
im interested in the DIY stand post a thread ya!

Tags
aquarium stand, stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com