Aquarium Stand Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rsquared333

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 46 gal bf but the bf tank stands have no room for a sump or fuge. So I am looking for a standard aquarium stand that could hold the tank the dimentions for the 46 gal bf which are 37" x 16.5" x 21" (L x W x H). An inch or two or three extra space would be preferable for the length and width. does anyone know a good online store for stands that will fit my needs, a place were they might be ordered, or have one around this size that they want to sell?

You may be better off to go to a local cabinet shop and have them make it. You could probably get it out of an inexpensive wood custom sized cheaper than you could get a presswood one off the internet that won't be exactly what you want anyway. Just a thought.

I'm currently building one right now... like... literally. Reinforced with 2X4 so that there isn't a center brace on the front means that any fuge/sump can fit underneath. If ya want, I can upload the plans... if you're DIY savvy.

~~Rob

I built two stands - one for my develeoping 30 gal SW and for for a 90 FW. They're probably so overbuilt I could park my car on them, but this way I know they're safe (I hope!!). The one that I bought (for a 55 gal), is too narrow to hold a standard aquarium under it to use as a sump. If I ever want a sump for that tank, I'll have to try my hand at working with acrylic, which I'm actually quite nervous about....

I'd love to see the plans, too. Maybe it will give me better ideas for a future project. :)

They're probably so overbuilt I could park my car on them, but this way I know they're safe (I hope!!).

I know what you mean, I built one for my 125, After finishing the frame I got on top and jumped up and down to see if it would hold me. :roll: I'm not a little fellow either. :mrgreen:

I welded mine for my 150gal out of 2" square tubing with six 7/8" leveling legs all sitting on 8" channel iron. I just hate working with wood. Besides, if you can't park your truck on it, why bother.

Back
Top Bottom