Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhart032

Aquarium Advice Regular
I cant get happy with my aquascaping. i have tried and rearranged things a few times and im just not pleased with the way it looks.. i have read many posts and looked at books and magazines and they all look great but i just cant seem pleased with the way mine turns out..

All I can say is keep trying but when it gets covered with corals you`ll never see the LR anyway. LOL. What kind of look are you trying to achieve?

I dont know, and im pretty sure thats the main problem. also i think i need more deco rock, i have big pieces and then little pieces but no medium. i think i need to find some medium..

Break up some of the big pieces or carve them to your liking....

I just redid my aquascape again...you know, people say its one of the most enjoyable tasks in a tank--but i think its a PITA. It took me a long time to get it to where I'm halfway happy with it..basically i was looking for good flow, and good shelving for coral placement at different heights in the tank to accomodate different corals--at the same time making it aesthetically pleasing. I did a lot of drilling with zip ties. I'm sure I'll be moving stuff around for the next few weeks to get it right. Just keep at it, and make sure you have the right sized pieces--its a pain to stack a bunch of little pieces on top of eachother.

i know wat ya mean i have re arranged mine probaly ten times since i started i cant never seem to find a right spot its always good to have a good base tho that way you dont have to worry to much about having rock falls i am making diy rock now its prefect if you want to desing your own look for your tank you can mold it into any shape ya want and its just as good as real live rock if ya make it right and take your time and is cheap cheap cheap

Well this is what i came up with.. it took awile but its the best its looked so far, not sure im happy with it. but its gonna stay ike that for a bit till i get more rock.
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 105
Hmm, yeah you have a hex I see--my last tank was a hex, it was a major pain to aquascape. Looks good, as long as you have good flow in and around the rocks, the corals you put on the rocks will obscure the rock anyway, like Mel said earlier.

I kind of like it. It has some cave areas and is rounded up. I think it looks good but of course it needs to look good to you to count.

thanks, i think im starting to like it. its growing on me anyway. when i get some corals ill see how it looks. i would like to add some shelves. but we wil see
thanks again
Matt

No, tear it down and do it again................Not
That looks pretty good. You did a great job.

Thanks all, its really starting to grow on me.. i think i like it now.. corse the kind words tend to help that too..
Matt

Back
Top Bottom