Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Aquascape !

Hello everyone ! So I'm messing around with my lr today I'm trying to make room for another 40lbs I should be getting within a couple of days . Can anyone maybe give me advice on where things might be better off. I have a couple of pieces of lr with polyps on it I have them a little higher on the rocks . Also at first I liked the fake plants but now not so much. I leave them in there because my coral beauty likes to pick at them . Is there any real plant I can add in there ?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward
Hello everyone ! So I'm messing around with my lr today I'm trying to make room for another 40lbs I should be getting within a couple of days . Can anyone maybe give me advice on where things might be better off. I have a couple of pieces of lr with polyps on it I have them a little higher on the rocks . Also at first I liked the fake plants but now not so much. I leave them in there because my coral beauty likes to pick at them . Is there any real plant I can add in there ?
Sorry a pic would help maybe !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3100368317.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	64275  

Old 12-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

It doesn't seem like you have many tunnels or hiding places? Or is that just because you moved things around?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweetdumz
It doesn't seem like you have many tunnels or hiding places? Or is that just because you moved things around?
Yea I left room in the back so they swim behind the rocks . There's a couple of crevices where they can swim through I'm still working on it .
Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Don't be afraid to lean rocks on the back glass in order to support large holes in between the rock for swim thru areas. have the lower/larger rocks out a bit from the glass and lean as you work yuor way up. Quite common to do it that way. Fish will always be able to find resting, swimming, and sleeping spots back there.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsdad
Don't be afraid to lean rocks on the back glass in order to support large holes in between the rock for swim thru areas. have the lower/larger rocks out a bit from the glass and lean as you work yuor way up. Quite common to do it that way. Fish will always be able to find resting, swimming, and sleeping spots back there.
Yeah I guess I was kinda sketchy about that lol but sounds good I will post pics as I go hopefully my rock should be getting here any day now ! Thanx
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

And keep rocks far enuf away from the side glass as it'll get messy looking and you'll want to clean there. 2-3" works well for me to get my hand and a scraped or sponge down there.

P.S. keep the scraper away from the corner silicone seals. Use a hard sponge made for aquariums there.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

For the areas with silicon and harder to scrape green algae mr. Cleans magic eraser works great and it's cheap
Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsdad
And keep rocks far enuf away from the side glass as it'll get messy looking and you'll want to clean there. 2-3" works well for me to get my hand and a scraped or sponge down there.

P.S. keep the scraper away from the corner silicone seals. Use a hard sponge made for aquariums there.
Yeah i had that problem in the past where I couldn't get to places to be able to clean right . I actually was at my lfs looking for the scraper attachment for my mag float and they didn't have it . I'm going to have to go online for it
Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick93
For the areas with silicon and harder to scrape green algae mr. Cleans magic eraser works great and it's cheap
With the magic eraser it's cool to just use that in the tank I should rinse it of course befor use ?

Tags
aquascape, cap

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com