Aquascape !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone ! So I'm messing around with my lr today I'm trying to make room for another 40lbs I should be getting within a couple of days . Can anyone maybe give me advice on where things might be better off. I have a couple of pieces of lr with polyps on it I have them a little higher on the rocks . Also at first I liked the fake plants but now not so much. I leave them in there because my coral beauty likes to pick at them . Is there any real plant I can add in there ?

squidward said:
Hello everyone ! So I'm messing around with my lr today I'm trying to make room for another 40lbs I should be getting within a couple of days . Can anyone maybe give me advice on where things might be better off. I have a couple of pieces of lr with polyps on it I have them a little higher on the rocks . Also at first I liked the fake plants but now not so much. I leave them in there because my coral beauty likes to pick at them . Is there any real plant I can add in there ?

Sorry a pic would help maybe !

Attachments

• image-3100368317.jpg
    image-3100368317.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 186
It doesn't seem like you have many tunnels or hiding places? Or is that just because you moved things around?

Zweetdumz said:
It doesn't seem like you have many tunnels or hiding places? Or is that just because you moved things around?

Yea I left room in the back so they swim behind the rocks . There's a couple of crevices where they can swim through I'm still working on it .

Don't be afraid to lean rocks on the back glass in order to support large holes in between the rock for swim thru areas. have the lower/larger rocks out a bit from the glass and lean as you work yuor way up. Quite common to do it that way. Fish will always be able to find resting, swimming, and sleeping spots back there.

austinsdad said:
Don't be afraid to lean rocks on the back glass in order to support large holes in between the rock for swim thru areas. have the lower/larger rocks out a bit from the glass and lean as you work yuor way up. Quite common to do it that way. Fish will always be able to find resting, swimming, and sleeping spots back there.

Yeah I guess I was kinda sketchy about that lol but sounds good I will post pics as I go hopefully my rock should be getting here any day now ! Thanx

And keep rocks far enuf away from the side glass as it'll get messy looking and you'll want to clean there. 2-3" works well for me to get my hand and a scraped or sponge down there.

P.S. keep the scraper away from the corner silicone seals. Use a hard sponge made for aquariums there.

For the areas with silicon and harder to scrape green algae mr. Cleans magic eraser works great and it's cheap

austinsdad said:
And keep rocks far enuf away from the side glass as it'll get messy looking and you'll want to clean there. 2-3" works well for me to get my hand and a scraped or sponge down there.

P.S. keep the scraper away from the corner silicone seals. Use a hard sponge made for aquariums there.

Yeah i had that problem in the past where I couldn't get to places to be able to clean right . I actually was at my lfs looking for the scraper attachment for my mag float and they didn't have it . I'm going to have to go online for it

Patrick93 said:
For the areas with silicon and harder to scrape green algae mr. Cleans magic eraser works great and it's cheap

With the magic eraser it's cool to just use that in the tank I should rinse it of course befor use ?

With mr clean u don't really need to rinse but out of habit and to be safe you should. Great thing is they work good around the house too, just not on walls all the time

Im pretty sure the magic erasers have cleaners in them.... they specifically say to keep away fro. Children and to not mix them with products containing bleach, implying it has an ammonia based cleaner in it.

yetee said:
Im pretty sure the magic erasers have cleaners in them.... they specifically say to keep away fro. Children and to not mix them with products containing bleach, implying it has an ammonia based cleaner in it.

Yea idk if I wanna use that I might just stick to the reg way of cleaning my tank ( good ol elbow grease )

Back
Top Bottom