aquascapin' thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
something i never seen talked about on here and wonder if anyone has their rock set this way !! after reading robert fenners reef invert book, they state that your live rock should not be up against the back of the tank ?!?!? which if i had to guess i'd bet 7/8th of the people have it that way ?!?!? like to hear thoughts on this !!

I believe that not only the rocks weight being a factor on the back glass, the flow behind there, is lessened greatly because of it resting on the glass... I think these factors is why it is mentioned to not rest the rock on the back of the tank... Mine is, and when I get a larger tank, it will not be... Mainly for adequate flow to be reached behind the rock...

i agree just wanted to bring it up cause i wasnt aware of that my self and know that alot of others dont know the benifits of doing such !! just a food for thought

I've got the liverock in my tank up against the glass in the back of the tank, but I have the protein skimmer water pumping out through the reef.

I built mine "toward" the back glass, but it does not touch it. I also have 3 PH's on the glass behind the rock blowing water in 3 directions through the rock, sort of towards the front of the tank. This way 1.) you don't see the majority of the PH's and 2.) the rock breaks the flow up, so it causes alot of turbulance, instead of straight on water flow. But, my tank is not against the wall, it has about 2.5 feet of clearance so I can work on it, and monitor my pod population.

Hi Michel,
You seem to feel that your LSF :onfire: is great , would u pass on his name to me if it's no trouble please. A good one is good to know, as there are not to many that really care .(only after the sale).
We montrealers (y) have to stick together you know.
:mrgreen: as a LIME (but learning).
aldo

Michel,
This one is GREAT, NATURE in POINT-CLAIRE (514)694-3291 they are great ask for Natalie or Wally only.
A little before you turn on to St.Jeans big shopping center Toy's or Us
Chapters etc. Big on SW- FW & every thing in a pet shop.
I've been to yours THIS one is better.
Good Luck.
:mrgreen: aldo

i have a good lfs, and I ask for the boss man evertime, but he acts like he don't want to be bothered, because he has employees to do the medeoker work. what a shame. smart guy, but bad attitude. he changed his tune a little when I told him he would either take care of me personally, or I was gonna walk. sorry for going OT

even with you not giving his name out, i know exactly who you are talking about... could his name start with a g, and the name of the store be aquatic tech..

jason

Back
Top Bottom