Aquascaping . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EELectric

Aquarium Advice Freak
-If I wanted to rearrange my lr, (good amount) how would I do that in a established tank with a few corals and fish inhabitants?

-If anyone has a few ideas on good arrangements I am more than willing. I also expect is to take a while 8O

-Thanks!

If it were me I would put my corals all on the front and move the rock where you want it and then replace the corals. I would have some fresh SW on hand to do a PWC if you get an ammonia spike. It looks like on your info that you really dont have a ton of corals so you should be OK. I also see you have an unknown coral. Post a pic of it on the ID forum and we will tell you what it is. Good Luck on the aquascaping.

I like Mel's idea of doing it during a water change. I would drain the water into a large container like a rubbermaid and us it as a "holding" tank for the corals. Add a heater and powerhead and place your corals in it. Now is not a bad time to dunk the rock in a bucket of SW to remove detritus. Arange the rock as you wish and replace the water. Put the corals back and take a pic so we can see the change!

That should be fine. You may want to have some extra water on hand just in case.

-Last time I did this my sand became all stirred up and I was placing my lr blindly. How can I avoid this this time so I can actually have a stable setup?

-Thanks!

I would suggest truning off all water movement devices, phs, pump, skimmer. Only turn them off for a little while. This might be a project that needs to be done over time depending on how much gets stirred up. Maybe work on one side, let things settle down and move to the next section.
I agree with the above, I like caves (so do some of your critters), overhangs and spirals...lol!

If you are going to move the rock around you cant escape the problems you are going to encouter. You`ll just need to control the degree of it by doing as Scott said and cut your PH`s off and try not to stir too much up.

Back
Top Bottom