Aquascaping for "Dummies"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperWade2

Aquarium Advice Regular
... Dummie = Me!

Here is my 3rd or 4th attempt at Aquascaping the ~75-80lbs of Live Rock in my 46 Gallon Bowfront Tank... the first few times were Ok, but it ended up way too close to the front of the tank, so I've spent a good chunk of time (TOO much per the Wife), messing with the LR trying to get it setup where I like it...

Any Comments on my last attempt... I'm not sure how "stable" the big pile on the far left is... I can shake the tank and nothing moves, but not sure how agressive fish get once I start stocking.

SW2

Attachments

• _02_20_06__18_01__51_143.jpg
    _02_20_06__18_01__51_143.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 169
ddcboys said:
Looks good! What kind of fish are you going to be putting in it?

I really have not got that far in planning yet.. I figure I got a few weeks before the cycle finishes and more reading to do here on AA...

I'm looking for a peaceful FOWLR community tank (at least to start with), so I'm thinking a small cleanup crew at some point, a couple Clowns, but otherwise I don't really have a plan yet. I'd kinda like a Starfish of somekind, but not sure how "compatable" that would be in my FOWLR tank...

I kind of got started into this for my Twin 1yr old girls who love looking at fish at aquariums and stuff, so I'm looking for a good divirsty of color in easy to keep peaceful fish.

SW2

I have a very similar set up and it seems to be working nicely. My fish have room to roam out front when they want to show off and can retreat behind the rocks for peace and quiet. I also have a similar hole like yours on the left.

I have found, my firefish to be very peaceful as well as my scissortail and banded sifting goby...they are all pals.

Good luck with your new tank!

Back
Top Bottom