Aquascaping help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi i have a 55 gallon tank with about 65 lbs of live rock and i was wondering if its bad to change your aquascape will it stress the fish also im thinking of doing the island style rock set ups anyone have this type of rock setup of so can you post pictures or if you just have a really neat aquascape post pictures please thanks

I would recommend a water change shortly after rescaping!

It will stress your fish so I would plan it out as much as possible before starting

There will certainly be some release from the sand when you move rocks around!

There is a build up of hydrogen sulfide gas in substrate and they are released when disturbed. I would suggest to move fish to a large container with water from tank, heater and air pump while aquascaping. Do a large water change the following day and acclimate fish before putting them back.

I move things around all the time. Well every few months, but usually workout incident. The problem is that the water gets cloudy, and then I can't see what I'm doing. It's really a never ending cycle

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All my rocks are just stacked right now and i want to get them more secure in the tank and make islands like these (first one is my tank)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397868306.475615.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397868327.762110.jpg

It's really hard to get rocks to stack like that with out some help. Usually people drill holes and thread acrylic rods through them. Or you could epoxy then together. Either way, you have to do it with the rock out of the tank, take it from someone that's been trying for years

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea thats what he did in the video i watched he used rods and epoxy so im gonna do it some time in a week or so ill post pics i might even spray the rocks with saltwater to keep them damp so the dont die out on me the epoxy im gonna use dries fast so it shouldnt be a problem to get this done

Back
Top Bottom