Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Aquascaping idea

Here's the plan for the 135... in topo format. The arrows are flow from the two closed loops, each side (ie left/right front/back) is going to be alternating from the opposite side so that it'll get flow front to back and long ways. Since the overflow is on the end, I think that'll work nicely. Planned stocking (I sound like a broken record) is mostly gorgonians and montiporas. I hope to have suncorals and the such in the cave down in the right under the overhang by the overflow. Still designing my custom built on rotifer refugium and phytoplankton trays which will go under the canopy at the rear of the tank. Had the canopy custom built to extra height for the trays and to respect the lower light needs of the tank. It's still another couple thousand and a lot of fabricating away, but things are moving.

So what do you guys think? Any ideas on the flow? Any suggestions on scaping?

Old 06-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice work. As long as there is room behind the rock work to allow for water circulation you should be fine. I look forward to progressive pics of the project!

Old 06-01-2006, 11:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

LOL great scap, looks very similar to what i have.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

The two returns in back are going to be down in the rock work, and the one on the far rear left and right will also be jetting through the rockwork to a good extent. I also intend to have the entire rockwork suspended on pvc racks for two reasons... I like having caves, and I like having the free flow through of water from below. Keeps the detritus factor down. That was/is my biggest problem in my 58, not enough flow through. I had toyed with the idea of a drilled rockrack with a steady flow of water in it, but it got too hard to plumb. I think the oceansmotions will do the trick.

Tags
api, aquascaping, cap

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com