"Aquasock" question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 200-micron filter bag that was referred to as an "Aquasock" when I bought it, and it is now in need of cleaning. It is about a foot tall and it sits in about 4 inches of water. It's now so clogged that the output of the protein skimmer overflows the bag.

I've been told that these things are good for many, many cleanings, and shouldn't be replaced until the bag starts to frey really badly. Mind yas not yet been cleaned, but I don't really know of a good way to go about it. There's no tangible junk on the surface of the material, it's just dark and doesn't allow water through very fast anymore. Could this perhaps be thrown in a washer with no chemicals?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Soak it in a bleach and water solution for a few hours, rinse well and allow to air dry. I personally would also soak it in straight FW and add a bunch of dechlorinator to it before using it again.

Does the bleach disolve all the junk in it? Or will I need to do something else to make it less saturated?

Back
Top Bottom