aquati hermit crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well there are so many different kinds in the Salt world, but mostly they are just scavengers and won't hurt anything that can swim or run away. I think there are types that are not good for corals and such though, but I am not an expert. In general you should have at least 1 extra shell that is slightly bigger than the one your hermit is currently carrying around. If you have more than one hermit, they may fight with each other and steal each other's homes if there are not extras laying around. Plus as they grow they want bigger homes!

Hope I helped

Extra shells, a supply of algae for them to feed off of (either on LR/LS or supplemental feedings of algae tabs or Nori), as well as NSW parameters -- temp of 76F - 84F, and salinity of 1.024 - 1.026.

No ammonia, nitrite, absolutely no copper, good (slow) acclimation practices, no rapid changes in temp/salintyp/pH.

I think that covers the basics. 8)

Thanks for the response from everyone it does help. I was not sure if I was feeding him right. Now he did kill my brothers shrimp which is how I ended up with him what would be a good tank mate for him. Right now he is in a 10 gallon tank temporary only. I was thinking of a damsel. Any ideas :)

I dont have any pictures but he fits in the palm of my hand. besides the snail idea does anyone have any ideas on tank mates . thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom