Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post

how did you hang the chains? plant hangers? is there any other way to adjust them? fine cable? fishing line? i want the light to look like its floating lol

woah nelly, i didnt take it as a personal attack, trust me ive been jumped on a forum way worse and your reply was a hay ride compared to that, i took it as constructive criticism, i like hearing different opinions, and yes i know what a cree's do, i supply the entire police force, border patrol, sheriffs office, ems, and fire depts in my area with led everything, i know the difference, they hate cheap and anything non-US made.

But for such a small tank im not worried about light "intensity" to much im not lighting a 300g tank just a little tank with basic corals (in the future) and lightly stocked. but really i appreciate your response and feedback, i will look into more quality lighting for my 75g show tank once i convert, thanks blert!
That's interesting, I also provide high output LED fixtures to police and fire departments. Here is a picture of one of our command and control communication units with ceiling LEDs and 4 huge 400 watt LED floods originally designed for bullet train tunnels. We build these for agencies all around the US.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1830698587.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	192370   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4069860120.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	192372  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2839323530.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	192373   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2609989603.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	192374  

Old 08-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

how did you hang the chains? plant hangers? is there any other way to adjust them? fine cable? fishing line? i want the light to look like its floating lol

woah nelly, i didnt take it as a personal attack, trust me ive been jumped on a forum way worse and your reply was a hay ride compared to that, i took it as constructive criticism, i like hearing different opinions, and yes i know what cree's do, i supply the entire police force, border patrol, sheriffs office, ems, and fire depts in my area with led everything, i know the difference, they hate cheap and anything non-US made. the worst part is i cant get aquarium lightnig

But for such a small tank im not worried about light "intensity" to much im not lighting a 300g tank just a little tank with basic corals (in the future) and lightly stocked. but really i appreciate your response and feedback, i will look into more quality lighting for my 75g show tank once i convert, thanks blert!
Sure, you can use about anything. If you want the supports invisible, you might use some high strength fishing line. The fixture just weighs a few pounds so nothing dramatic is needed, just don't let it splash down in your tank!

Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
That's interesting, I also provide high output LED fixtures to police and fire departments. Here is a picture of one of our command and control communication units with ceiling LEDs and 4 huge 400 watt LED floods originally designed for bullet train tunnels. We build these for agencies all around the US.
thats awesome greg, we do more of the led lightbars, strobes, quad flashers, directional bars, alot of covert stuff. we work on alot of stuff people have no idea about, like the a-team fleet of vehicles, i.e. corvette interceptors, ford svt raptors, stingers, jumpers, polaris rzr's, patrol boats, waverunners, etc.

Quote:
Sure, you can use about anything. If you want the supports invisible, you might use some high strength fishing line. The fixture just weighs a few pounds so nothing dramatic is needed, just don't let it splash down in your tank!
i was thinking that, even at a 10lb fixture i can use 4 lines of 5-10lb test line, and it should be good strength wise, and it should also be almost invisible.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

thats awesome greg, we do more of the led lightbars, strobes, quad flashers, directional bars, alot of covert stuff. we work on alot of stuff people have no idea about, like the a-team fleet of vehicles, i.e. corvette interceptors, ford svt raptors, stingers, jumpers, polaris rzr's, patrol boats, waverunners, etc.

i was thinking that, even at a 10lb fixture i can use 4 lines of 5-10lb test line, and it should be good strength wise, and it should also be almost invisible.
We should talk off line to see if we can gin up some business for each other.

And yes, a heavy test fishing line will work as long as you know how to tie it.

Here's my web site:

Orbitaldata.net
Old 08-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
We should talk off line to see if we can gin up some business for each other.

And yes, a heavy test fishing line will work as long as you know how to tie it.

Here's my web site:

Orbitaldata.net
i have the big book of knots, its got everything from hiking knots, to fishing knots, to universal knots, to specialty knots etc, (my dad was marine recon) so i know my knots lol
Old 08-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

i have the big book of knots, its got everything from hiking knots, to fishing knots, to universal knots, to specialty knots etc, (my dad was marine recon) so i know my knots lol
You're a "knotty" boy...
Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
You're a "knotty" boy...
lmao, i yam what i yam lol
Old 08-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light Black US | eBay
Old 08-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

You can't beat this price...
Old 08-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

it was literally just added to my watch list before i saw your post, now i know im watching the right one!

Quote:
You can't beat this price...
i know, i just found this one and its dimmable, the others arent and are +$150

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com