Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post

how did you hang the chains? plant hangers? is there any other way to adjust them? fine cable? fishing line? i want the light to look like its floating lol

woah nelly, i didnt take it as a personal attack, trust me ive been jumped on a forum way worse and your reply was a hay ride compared to that, i took it as constructive criticism, i like hearing different opinions, and yes i know what a cree's do, i supply the entire police force, border patrol, sheriffs office, ems, and fire depts in my area with led everything, i know the difference, they hate cheap and anything non-US made.

But for such a small tank im not worried about light "intensity" to much im not lighting a 300g tank just a little tank with basic corals (in the future) and lightly stocked. but really i appreciate your response and feedback, i will look into more quality lighting for my 75g show tank once i convert, thanks blert!
That's interesting, I also provide high output LED fixtures to police and fire departments. Here is a picture of one of our command and control communication units with ceiling LEDs and 4 huge 400 watt LED floods originally designed for bullet train tunnels. We build these for agencies all around the US.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1830698587.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	192370   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4069860120.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	192372  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2839323530.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	192373   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2609989603.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	192374  

__________________

__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post

how did you hang the chains? plant hangers? is there any other way to adjust them? fine cable? fishing line? i want the light to look like its floating lol

woah nelly, i didnt take it as a personal attack, trust me ive been jumped on a forum way worse and your reply was a hay ride compared to that, i took it as constructive criticism, i like hearing different opinions, and yes i know what cree's do, i supply the entire police force, border patrol, sheriffs office, ems, and fire depts in my area with led everything, i know the difference, they hate cheap and anything non-US made. the worst part is i cant get aquarium lightnig

But for such a small tank im not worried about light "intensity" to much im not lighting a 300g tank just a little tank with basic corals (in the future) and lightly stocked. but really i appreciate your response and feedback, i will look into more quality lighting for my 75g show tank once i convert, thanks blert!
Sure, you can use about anything. If you want the supports invisible, you might use some high strength fishing line. The fixture just weighs a few pounds so nothing dramatic is needed, just don't let it splash down in your tank!
__________________

__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Big Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
That's interesting, I also provide high output LED fixtures to police and fire departments. Here is a picture of one of our command and control communication units with ceiling LEDs and 4 huge 400 watt LED floods originally designed for bullet train tunnels. We build these for agencies all around the US.
thats awesome greg, we do more of the led lightbars, strobes, quad flashers, directional bars, alot of covert stuff. we work on alot of stuff people have no idea about, like the a-team fleet of vehicles, i.e. corvette interceptors, ford svt raptors, stingers, jumpers, polaris rzr's, patrol boats, waverunners, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Sure, you can use about anything. If you want the supports invisible, you might use some high strength fishing line. The fixture just weighs a few pounds so nothing dramatic is needed, just don't let it splash down in your tank!
i was thinking that, even at a 10lb fixture i can use 4 lines of 5-10lb test line, and it should be good strength wise, and it should also be almost invisible.
__________________
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post

thats awesome greg, we do more of the led lightbars, strobes, quad flashers, directional bars, alot of covert stuff. we work on alot of stuff people have no idea about, like the a-team fleet of vehicles, i.e. corvette interceptors, ford svt raptors, stingers, jumpers, polaris rzr's, patrol boats, waverunners, etc.

i was thinking that, even at a 10lb fixture i can use 4 lines of 5-10lb test line, and it should be good strength wise, and it should also be almost invisible.
We should talk off line to see if we can gin up some business for each other.

And yes, a heavy test fishing line will work as long as you know how to tie it.

Here's my web site:

Orbitaldata.net
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Big Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
We should talk off line to see if we can gin up some business for each other.

And yes, a heavy test fishing line will work as long as you know how to tie it.

Here's my web site:

Orbitaldata.net
i have the big book of knots, its got everything from hiking knots, to fishing knots, to universal knots, to specialty knots etc, (my dad was marine recon) so i know my knots lol
__________________
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post

i have the big book of knots, its got everything from hiking knots, to fishing knots, to universal knots, to specialty knots etc, (my dad was marine recon) so i know my knots lol
You're a "knotty" boy...
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Big Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
You're a "knotty" boy...
lmao, i yam what i yam lol
__________________
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
mr_X's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fairless Hills, Pa.
Posts: 17,895
Send a message via MSN to mr_X
New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light Black US | eBay
__________________
thanks,
Doug
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,320
You can't beat this price...
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Big Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 1,734
it was literally just added to my watch list before i saw your post, now i know im watching the right one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
You can't beat this price...
i know, i just found this one and its dimmable, the others arent and are +$150
__________________

__________________
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.