Aquatic Life Expandable Led Lighting..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How big is your tank. I'd think you'd need at least 3. I'm using the taotronics and they seem to be working great. I have 2 on my 55 gallon

its a 75g african tank and its my show tank as of now, and i was thinking 2 would be good but at 21.5w should i do 3? and what about price wise how do es it compare? ive never seen the taotronics leds anyone have a link?

awesome thanks for the advice and yes in the near future ill be converting to sw on this tank so iwant to know who with a sw tank has used these. anyone else?

bumpity bump1

anyone has saltwater exp with these? i wanna get all my equipment for my show tank convert before i actually convert it, thanks again guys!

For a reef tank? Don't bother. Under powered (1/2 watt LEDs will get you nowhere), over priced.

For a "low" price the best you are going to do are the Chinese fixtures (TaoTronics, EverGrow, etc, etc, etc...). You get what you pay for but it is said that they work.

For a "low" price the best you are going to do are the Chinese fixtures (TaoTronics, EverGrow, etc, etc, etc...). You get what you pay for but it is said that they work.

ive heard that so many times, and ive proven so many people wrong, no offense but i dont believe in it for most things, but yes you do have a point, i wont have a us made light, an awesome warranty on the fixture, free replacemnt or a controller or anything built in BUT if it works im perfectly ok with it.

They work fine. There are many of us on the forum growing corals with the less expensive Chinese built panels.

x2 on my quote above ive heard enough good about the brand, im definitely gonna check into them,

I agree with Greg

x3 im watching some veideos of these lights and ive read almost nothing but good reviews on them.

http://bit.ly/VGqs01

I have 2 like this one. That's just Luke taotronics. Could even be. They are all the same. Need one for every 2ft of the length of your tank

my current setup is a 37g tank and its 30" long so ill go with a single right over it, how do i hang these from the ceiling?

ive heard that so many times, and ive proven so many people wrong, no offense but i dont believe in it for most things, but yes you do have a point, i wont have a us made light, an awesome warranty on the fixture, free replacemnt or a controller or anything built in BUT if it works im perfectly ok with it.

Good God! People take things way too personally on this forum.
I never said they didn't work and I know many people that have them and are quite happy. The simple fact of the matter is they are much less efficient than the fixtures they "compete" against. Please research the differences between the drivers supplied with these panels and a good MeanWell driver. Also check into the differences between the BridgeLux diodes they use and CREEs. There is a reason why none of these panels run at the "spec'ed" rating of 3watts per diode.
I do think that you will be very happy with them if you get them. And man, don't take everything as a personal attack.

I agree with your statement on efficiency as I use both Bridgelux and Cree emitters in my fixtures. But in the long run it doesn't matter except for an extra 50 cents a month on the power bill. The Chinese drivers are pretty low teck but they work and are easily and cheaply replaced if needed.

For example, I have a 90 watt Cree based RapidLED fixture that produces more PAR than my 120 watt Chinese fixture using Bridgelux. But both grow coral fine.

No attack meant.

Last edited:
I used chains so I could adjust it.

how did you hang the chains? plant hangers? is there any other way to adjust them? fine cable? fishing line? i want the light to look like its floating lol

Good God! People take things way too personally on this forum.
I never said they didn't work and I know many people that have them and are quite happy. The simple fact of the matter is they are much less efficient than the fixtures they "compete" against. Please research the differences between the drivers supplied with these panels and a good MeanWell driver. Also check into the differences between the BridgeLux diodes they use and CREEs. There is a reason why none of these panels run at the "spec'ed" rating of 3watts per diode.
I do think that you will be very happy with them if you get them. And man, don't take everything as a personal attack.

woah nelly, i didnt take it as a personal attack, trust me ive been jumped on a forum way worse and your reply was a hay ride compared to that, i took it as constructive criticism, i like hearing different opinions, and yes i know what cree's do, i supply the entire police force, border patrol, sheriffs office, ems, and fire depts in my area with led everything, i know the difference, they hate cheap and anything non-US made. the worst part is i cant get aquarium lightnig :(

But for such a small tank im not worried about light "intensity" to much im not lighting a 300g tank just a little tank with basic corals (in the future) and lightly stocked. but really i appreciate your response and feedback, i will look into more quality lighting for my 75g show tank once i convert, thanks blert!

Back
Top Bottom