Aquatic life t5 ho lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

furrymurray

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am upgrading to a the aquatic life 4 bulb t5 light with the LED lunar lights and built in timer What type of coral would I be able to have? Btw its a 58 gallon bowfront. Thanks. I am getting very conflicting info with lighting and I wanted opinions.

Not sure of the dimensions of your tank but I believe it's 1 bulb for every 3 inches. So the 4 bulb fixture would be great on a 12" wide aquarium. I would think SPS's would do great near the top if you replace the stock bulbs with ATI's.

It is 39Lx16wx26h. I was told by a LFS that I would be lucky to keep mushrooms alive with that light. Then he tried to sell me a $700 LED fixture. Just wanted to make sure I was ok

You are fine. Are the bulbs individually reflected? You will be able to keep soft corals Lps mid way up and Sps at the top.

Wow, 26" high? If I would go with t5ho's I'd do a 6 bulb unit. Then again, I'm using a 150 MH on my 30 gal tank which is 18" deep. Guess it all depends how much LR and how high you're going to place the corals. Again, sorry not much experience with those bulbs but if they are under them and higher up, it should work. Hopefully someone can chime in whose using that light.

For what it's worth, I did check out those lights and they seem very well made. However, I could not trade the shimmering effect for a lower power bill. :)

Pschmitt said:
Wow, 26" high? If I would go with t5ho's I'd do a 6 bulb unit. Then again, I'm using a 150 MH on my 30 gal tank which is 18" deep. Guess it all depends how much LR and how high you're going to place the corals. Again, sorry not much experience with those bulbs but if they are under them and higher up, it should work. Hopefully someone can chime in whose using that light.

I have about 110 lbs of live rock stacked to about 8 inches below the top of the water

Back
Top Bottom