Aquatraders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Jebo 2x65w on my fuge and have had no problems with it
They are a cheaper made fixture but for that price it is worth it IMO

I have done some searching on this and have only found a few unhappy customers. So for me it is worth a try.
You will find unhappy customers with any product on the market.

The light is made very well and I am happy with it so far. Had a small issue the first full day of use, it shut itself off after about 12 hours on. It was hot....
It worked the next day no problems after that..... I now have the door on the stand open to get some air flow under the stand. Looking for a small fan now..
Worth the $$$$ So far...... Hope I can get a year out of it and Ill be happy

Did you guys see that they have a 6 month extended warranty available?
And even if you buy the light with the warranty it is dirt cheap!
I might try one of it, just for fun.

Does enyone have power consumption data from comparable lights?
I mean did enyone test the lights (Ampere)?

If i buy the lights I will post it here.

Only problem i see with them is the actincs are not real actinics just purple painted tunes. THey do not have seperate power switchs for actinics and daylight bulbs. They relly offer no customer service or support. Other than that they would be fine.

The Actinic thing really bothers me, since they claim the bulbs are Actinics. True Actinic bulbs and just shining blue light into a tank yields completely different results... It is misleading to customer and can land people with very poor results :(

Also, having the fixture turn itself on the first day, and you saying "Hope I can get a year out of it" are not a convincing indications that it will last a while. If my Current USA fixutre only lasted a year I would be ticked :)

The light has been flawless sense the first day. Me saying hope I can get a year out of it was because I ONLY got a year out of a Corallife 65 watt PC which is a name brand unit. Im not trying to convince anyone here just sharing info. Also the light on the Odyssea appears to have the same look as the corallife bulbs. Not sue what the Jebo lights have for bulbs. I am pleased with the light so far.
Grimlock is this from personal experience that you critique the light or what you read on the net? I have read more good then bad reviews on this light..

Coralife has a 1 year warranty on thee stuff. You should of called them! Keep us posted though.

I have not read anyone yet to say that the Jebo fixtures have true Actinic bulbs, I have an issue with that.

OK Guys the UPS man came to my door and handed over the peace of question.

I unpacked it and did the parts count. Everything is here and also the color is right.

usually I don't read instructions but this time I did it, so I don't mislead you guys:

All there is is a paper reads following: A:please tear the protect film of the transparent lamella and the glisten sheet before the lamp to work.

B:When you want to insert the transparent lamella into the lamp, take the transparent lamella and push it through the hole one one end of the lamp, in the same time press the transparent lamella gently on "A" point. That will help you more easily to insert the transparent lamella in the lamp.

(no i diden't make typos :lol: )

There is also a picture with those instructions and if you have more than one brain cell you know what to do. If you read the instructions first ,you might be confused at this point.

Here is my translation:
A:Remove the protective film from the reflector and Splash Guard.
B:If you use the Splash guard, push it through the slot and bend it a little bit in order to get it in.

There is also a electrical diagram wich will be from further assistance later on.

I started disassembling the fixture and here are my findings:

The Casing material is of good quality and is probably Industry standard

The blasts don't have any markings on them, the Tag is riped of and only residue is visible. No judgement possible, looks just like a ballast.

The wiring looks al right. The heat insolation tubes wich protect the wires from the ballast heat could be a little longer but they will do the job as they are.

The sockets are loose and the bulbs and sockets are held in place by clips and are secured with rubber bands. Good enough.

After removing the protective foil from the reflector ( I would take it out of the light go get all of it removed) I was shocked that I could barely see my own reflection in it. This reflector is terrible, I'm not sure i could shave myself with that thing.

There is only one cable going to the light and there are two switches on top of it. That means you can't hook the antics and the 1000k's to sperate timers to simulate sunrise and sunset. But in about 5min, $5 of parts and some thinking you'll have two plugs wired for that light. :D

The light bulbs seemed to be ok, but one of the antics was a hint lighter and was glowing green for a little bit after i switched it of.

My verdict:

If you are handy and willing to replace the reflector and wire in the second plug, you'll have a good light for a very good price.
There is now way for me to judge the light bulbs, all I can say my tank looks great with the jebo light on it.

I will measure current and post it here as soon as i have some free time at work.

i have read all these threads and wanted to chime in and say i have purchased aquatraders the 48" light and jebo skimmer....i am very happy with both items.....i had an issue with ups as they were not nice to this package...and they could of packed it better...anyways 2 busted bulbs....so it goes.....lights been on for 16 months....replaced the bulbs the other day....skimmer has been running for 1 month and i am getting great results from this unit....despite all the negatives...there are definaltly some positives and a great way to get started...i do however once my house is complete plan on a complete upgrade of equipment, but plan on using the current equipment on a fuge

doug

Back
Top Bottom