Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-15-2006, 11:56 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking of buying the compact 72" odyssea as no light comes even close in terms of watts but you should not buy them from aquatraders due to horror stories. I heard (from another post_ that this place is much better and does not charge the ridiculous shipping charges aquatraders does. Also you probably will have to replace all the bulbs because odyssea brand bulbs are not that good. Here is the link: http://www.proaquatica.com/

janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Aquatraders aren't the only people selling Jebo/Odyssea fixtures.

There are tons of them on eBay - maybe one of the more reputable dealers there can get some of the MH fixtures you see on aquatraders.com.

I was going to buy something from a Jebo/Odyssea dealer on eBay, but he was also Chinese speaking, and several questions I sent him about the unit went unanswered.

I've tried reaching their site directly (jebo.cn or something) and can never get to it - the site seems to always be down.

Its sad. These guys could probably sell a TON of product, if they'd just stand behind it with some service!

180G build thread

180G All-glass with dual megaflows in a custom stand
AquaC EV-180 skimmer
250 pounds LR
160 pounds aragonite
Custom acrylic sump from GlassCages.com
2xPCX-40 return pumps
2x250MH 14K, 2x175MH 14K - PFO lighting, 2x65W PC
No-name 36W UV
Water General 125GPH RO/DI
Filstar XP3
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak
I found the Jebo website and got it to work but it wasn't much. No way to order direct.

Here's my .02 worth. To answer an earlier question, yes, these fixtures or any fixture can be safely rewired to suit your needs. I bought a T5 retro and rewired it myself.

I talked to highly reputable (Asian, for what it worth) saltwater shop owner in Fort Worth, TX who stocked several different varieties of the Jebo fixtures. He honestly said they were hit or miss and one of the main problems was the ballasts not working. He had several installed on his show tanks and they looked pretty impressive to me. I too was seduced by the price. I could have had a nice CF/MH/LED 785 watt 60" fixture delivered to the door for $530. I resisted and bought something far cheaper but not nearly as impressive.

This thread is old. The 2007 model Jebo fixtures look much improved to me. I recently called the Aqutraders number to discuss some other items and got excellent customer service. I have even ordered some other items from them online and all was well.

7 month old 100 gallon. Hopefully on my way to a great reef tank. A few small fish and a few small soft corals. T5 HO Lights and ro/di unit.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com