aquatraders.com - 72" DE MH Unit - YES OR NO?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am thinking of buying the compact 72" odyssea as no light comes even close in terms of watts but you should not buy them from aquatraders due to horror stories. I heard (from another post_ that this place is much better and does not charge the ridiculous shipping charges aquatraders does. Also you probably will have to replace all the bulbs because odyssea brand bulbs are not that good. Here is the link: http://www.proaquatica.com/

Aquatraders aren't the only people selling Jebo/Odyssea fixtures.

There are tons of them on eBay - maybe one of the more reputable dealers there can get some of the MH fixtures you see on aquatraders.com.

I was going to buy something from a Jebo/Odyssea dealer on eBay, but he was also Chinese speaking, and several questions I sent him about the unit went unanswered.

I've tried reaching their site directly (jebo.cn or something) and can never get to it - the site seems to always be down.

Its sad. These guys could probably sell a TON of product, if they'd just stand behind it with some service!

I found the Jebo website and got it to work but it wasn't much. No way to order direct.

Here's my .02 worth. To answer an earlier question, yes, these fixtures or any fixture can be safely rewired to suit your needs. I bought a T5 retro and rewired it myself.

I talked to highly reputable (Asian, for what it worth) saltwater shop owner in Fort Worth, TX who stocked several different varieties of the Jebo fixtures. He honestly said they were hit or miss and one of the main problems was the ballasts not working. He had several installed on his show tanks and they looked pretty impressive to me. I too was seduced by the price. I could have had a nice CF/MH/LED 785 watt 60" fixture delivered to the door for $530. I resisted and bought something far cheaper but not nearly as impressive.

This thread is old. The 2007 model Jebo fixtures look much improved to me. I recently called the Aqutraders number to discuss some other items and got excellent customer service. I have even ordered some other items from them online and all was well.

Back
Top Bottom