Aqueon Proflex sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosesrblu1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had an experience with the proflex sumps? I am thinking of upgrading my,filtration from a standard wet/dry to this on and running it with the centre fuge. I have a 54g corner reef. I liked the look of the proflex and didn't want to get into DIY because space is an issue as the 54g corner stand is very very small underneath. I was looking at the model 3 and it seems like it would be a good fit.
Either way, I am going to upgrade my skimmer, currently running a sealife that we bought used With the system and I know it's too small. Was looking at the eshopps cone. Any thoughts?

I would take a look at Trigger Systems sumps first. I was going to go with the proflex until I looked at them side by side in a store. I was surprised at how flimsy the proflex was as compared to others. The Ruby version of the Trigger sumps is really nice if you end up running a refugium, as it diffuses the light spectrum from that main fuge section to keep the algae growth where it needs to be. Wish I could've gone with the Ruby, but my stand just wouldn't accommodate the extra room it needed.

I was considering that sump also, but ended up going with the eshopps refugium, I dont remember now why I picked one over the other.

I was actually runninga proflex 3. They are really flimsy. I ran it about 2 months and some of the seams began to come apart. I change it out for a Trigger sys Ruby 36 elite, but I did build a stand to fit it.
I would not go with the Proflex. For what you pay, the quality is not there.

I had one and replaced it. Garbage. Couldn't do anything that I wanted to do with it. I ended up building my own sump from a 20 long and precut pieces of glass fro Lowes. Ended up costing me 54 bucks, and that was at full price for a brand new tank. So much cheaper, and easier, to make your own.

Back
Top Bottom