are ecosystem sumps n e good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philc21

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just heard of these ecosystem acrylic sumps they looked interesting has n e one used these is there n e draw backs to having this

I have used them with very impresive results. I have set up about 5 of them on customers tanks and must say i was skeptical at first but am a believer now! I though so much of them that i started too carry them. I would reccomand them. You can also make your own if you wanted. They do sell the mud seperatly.

yeah they are alright i am using one now on my 10 g and i like it but the mud is so darn expensive it almost seems silly. i think i would much rather perfer using a sump with a DSB and alot of macros instead. JMHO

i keep mine in there i just make sure i trim back the macros everytime they grow near there. i don't really have many other places to put it.

Just suction cup it to the side in the main refugium.I do use silicon on the suction cups to hold them permanently in place so they do not get knocked off. Just keep the macros off it during regular pruning.

Back
Top Bottom