Are hammer and Frogspawn basically the same?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is the difference in the 2 other than the tip shapes and maybe color?

I have always wanted one but never had enough lighting... I have new lighting coming, is 4.7 WPG enough?

I have been reading and the info varies greatly... so I would prefer my info from members who actuall y have either.

Is one easier than the other?

Feeding?

Thanks!!!

Thanks, I see that the tips are different and much smaller plus more plentiful as well over the hammer... but care being the same, just about everywhere and they were almost always cross ref. it seemed... sooo I was a little confused. :)

Thanks for the pic too.

In addition to what Brenden said, they are in the same genus (Euphyllia) but they are a two different corals.

The nice thing about these particular corals is that you won't have to worry about them stinging one another. You can place hammer and frogspawn right next to each other with no worries. This doesn't work with the torch coral, however. It can sting even those from its same genus...

Ahhh even better, I saw his close together in the photo, although maybe not so close considering the pic is of their 525G tank LOL... but close enough...and was about to post asking... so I can have both :) Coooool! Thats great!

Thanks!

Correct.. same genus. Will not sting each other. Keep in mind they can get large. Hard to tell from pic but the hammer is over a foot across and the frogspawn is not epanded all the way.

no just make sure it is not touching anything. It will send out stinging tentacles on occasion that are 3-6" longer than normal. I also have a braching hammer that is not in the pic. You may like it better.

in my gallery there are several pics of a branching hammer and 2 different FS colors. can post a better pic if needed.

Here is mine. Sorry not a great pic of hammer

Attachments

• 000_0035_329.jpg
    000_0035_329.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 01010090_769.jpg
    01010090_769.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 195
Back
Top Bottom