Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
manbeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 916
I've been using the fluval sea for a few months and corals seen pretty happy with it although I have mostly softies, mixes about the same speed as everything else I've tried and no residue to speak of
__________________

__________________
manbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Oscarr19's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
I've been using the fluval sea for a few months and corals seen pretty happy with it although I have mostly softies, mixes about the same speed as everything else I've tried and no residue to speak of
That's my only problem. Sometimes I'll get some brown gunk in my bucket. Nothing bad, just annoying I guess.
__________________

__________________
Oscarr19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Well guys i came out with 2 200g boxes and 1 160g bucket of reef crystals, i am set forever!!!!
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
Funny there is so much difference in peoples experience with RC. A scoop full doesn't hit the bottom of my bucket it dissolves so fast. And I don't see that brown residue many report. Anyway, I think it is the maximum bang for the buck unless you find something else on sale. But as X has said, he rotates his salt mixes. So if you monitor alk and cal, you could probably use any mix available at the right price.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Funny there is so much difference in peoples experience with RC. A scoop full doesn't hit the bottom of my bucket it dissolves so fast. And I don't see that brown residue many report. Anyway, I think it is the maximum bang for the buck unless you find something else on sale. But as X has said, he rotates his salt mixes. So if you monitor alk and cal, you could probably use any mix available at the right price.
Thats all my lfs has and i dont really wanna pay 60$ shipping on amazon for 30$ red sea pro. I am excited to see how my corals do with the new salt, thanks for all you guys help! I will tell how it works for me once i mix some.
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
Thats all my lfs has and i dont really wanna pay 60$ shipping on amazon for 30$ red sea pro. I am excited to see how my corals do with the new salt, thanks for all you guys help! I will tell how it works for me once i mix some.
Not a bad idea to run some tests on the first batch to know what your starting with.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 604
I know someone who was formerly employed by LA and was told it is pretty much the same as the normal one just slightly higher on some things
__________________
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fleetwood PA.
Posts: 168
Has anyone tried that new KZ salt? Crazy expensive but what of theirs isn't.
__________________
JonathanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Rmckoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 919
I have always used aqua vitro reef salt .
I got a bucket of IO given to me ,
I don't like how it mixes or how my corals reacted to it .
Aqua vitro is a little expensive but worth it IMO
$65 plus tax
__________________
Rmckoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #20
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmckoy View Post
I have always used aqua vitro reef salt .
I got a bucket of IO given to me ,
I don't like how it mixes or how my corals reacted to it .
Aqua vitro is a little expensive but worth it IMO
$65 plus tax
Thats what IO RC is at my lfs without the sale, i will look around for that next time i need salt. (in about 6 years lol)
__________________

__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.