Are there any good lights for not $700?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if I could get lights other than these. Theyre good but I dont want to pay $700. Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5HO 10k/460nm Actinics
Do you have to hang metal halides? Or are there fixtures with legs? I know theyre more powerful but i dont really know if I want them. Any not that expensive T5 HO fixtures that I could keep any coral and nems under in a 28" tank?

Thats' a tough one. Most of the fixtures that could keep most anything are gonna be big $$. have you checked out craigslist in your area? i got my nova extreme pro 12 bulb fixture used for only $300. :-D

Will that one support nems? and any coral? I would rather just get a new one probably for christmas.

I think you'd be fine with a 12 bulb fixture for most anything. clams are the only thing I'm not sure of...

Well clams dont go well with triggers!!!!! lol. Thats great tho. I got a nem in my QT tank and an easy coral (so my lfs told me. lol. its a great place tho). Its a bubble tip and I have it in my 20 and its doing great. It ate some mysis yesterday and the corals just starting to open up. I have 3 lights on the tank so it should be good until I get my lights. Thanks!!!!! The coral are waving hand polyps and the polyps are starting to come out. I have them right inder the filter so the flow is good too. Its awsome!!!!! Thanks again!!!!!

high output t5 fixtures are every bit as strong as metal halide fixtures. i am going to use 8 lamp fixtures over my 30" deep tank. i know a guy that has some metal halide pendants for sale if you want to go that route, but you are going to have to hang them.
if you choose a fixture that needs to be hung, you can use something like this-
Sunlight Supply, Inc | Wholesaler of Premium Reef Supplies

Back
Top Bottom