Are there light hating anemones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I first got my bta (about 3-4 inches not spread out) 6 months ago, he went to the back of some lr and hung out. He looked ok and puffed up fairly big. That was when he was in my 25. He would eat pieces of silversides and my two ocellaris clowns hosted him.

After I realized that the lfs shouldn't have sold him to me for my underlighted tank and I definitely should have done more research (almost all my fault), I got a 12 gallon nano and upgraded the lights to 88 watts. He never really looked good in there and never puffed up much. The clowns did their best to keep him happy and were willing to stick around him. For a while he would take the silversides.

After upgrading to a 55 gallon with a 25 gallon sump and 4x65 w (half actinics) and getting good params, I put him in with the clowns. He immediately sought out a place with less light and doesn't look any better (or worse) than when he was in the nano.

During the time he was in the nano, I was given a rbta that was quite small. He split twice after a week and enjoyed the lights in the nano. All three of them grew to about the size of the original and continue to take pieces of silversides. Two of them are in the 55 (with the last one going in the next week) and they look great and stay under the lights near the top.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, here's my question: Is my bta a light hater? What can I do? He doesn't look all that good and doesn't seem interested in being fed. The clowns continue to (try to) host him, though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! :!:

Back
Top Bottom