Are these a type of worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've noticed they are spreading slowly I think I've seen before they are a worm of some sort. Are they good or bad?

Attachments

• image-1817039197.jpg
    image-1817039197.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1684867125.jpg
    image-1684867125.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 107
They are actually a type of snail that never moves. They aren't bad but they will eventually throw out a web to catch stuff from the water. I took mine out cause I didn't like looking at the webs they cast. I just snapped them off....

Animal-Chin said:
They are actually a type of snail that never moves. They aren't bad but they will eventually throw out a web to catch stuff from the water. I took mine out cause I didn't like looking at the webs they cast. I just snapped them off....

Thanks!!

I use to have these all over. Looked like spider webs. My wrasses have eliminated them permanently. Wrasses can be a pain, but they do a real job on worms and pods.

Gregcoyote said:
I use to have these all over. Looked like spider webs. My wrasses have eliminated them permanently. Wrasses can be a pain, but they do a real job on worms and pods.

I'm not fond of the wrasse, beautiful fish, wrong temperament & eating habits for my tank. I want the pods for my future mandarin! :)

That's right on. I have a school of them and their efficiency makes a mandarin look like a homeless guy with a shopping cart.

Gregcoyote said:
That's right on. I have a school of them and their efficiency makes a mandarin look like a homeless guy with a shopping cart.

Ya it was going great until I treated for the flatworms now I have to rebuild my population! That's ok because not expecting to get my mandarin till after the new year due to vacations. However I've been watching this thread if this kid (I think he said he's like 16 or something) that has trained many mandarins to eat pellets & frozen brine, he's posting step by step now because he's got one he's training! Sounds pretty legit! Worth a shot in my eyes!

yes you can train a mandarin to eat frozen and pellets
took me almost 3 weeks
not hard at all I started with live brine than eased into pellets and frozen mysiss ,
he is a pig now steals food from the other fish in my tank lol

After years of avoiding one of my favorite fishes, I am going to try again, but in my frag tank instead of the reef. Half my frag tank is set up as habitat, so once I figure a way to collect pods from my system efficiently, I will get another green Mandarine.

Back
Top Bottom