Are these fish compatible with each other and reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
2 oceanic clown
1 yellow tang
1 powder blue tang
1 naso tang
2 blue tang
1 flame angel
1 fire goby

and if you have any recamendation for coral that is easy to take care of please feel free to tell me.

i have a 90 us gallon surfline aquarium with 4 powerheads with quick filters, and a protein skimmer.

Those fish are all reef safe with teh exception of the Flame Angel. YOu have way to many tangs in there. You will, without a doubt, run into territory issues. A 90 ga. can house two tangs that are small to medium in size. Make sure that they have different body shapes and are different colors to avoild fighting. Tangs are very territorial, especially towards other tangs. Add both of them last. As for the corals...what type of lighting do you have?

i have enough money to get a new lighting system what do you recomend. i have 2 clowns a bicolour dotty back and a yellow tang what other fish should i get.

If you plan to go reef with a 90 gal. I would suggest you go with MH lights. the 90 is a deep tank and you need the penetration. PC will not give you enough light for much. Remember, lighting is often times the most expensive part of a reef tank. As for fish, it is really personal preference. If you plan to build a ree tank, then stick with livestock that is reef friendly. Yo can look at basslets like the royal gramma. Or gobies, i am partial to the yellow watchman. Coral beauties are also nice. the important thing is to research the fish you want and stick to your list. resist those impulse buys at the LFS.

1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Blue Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Firefish
2 Oceanic Clownfish
2 Foxface Lo
1 Purple Tang

Assorted inverts, and corals

Any recommendations for inverts or corals that are easy to take care of, would be highly appreciated.

I have a 90 gallon surf line with 4 power heads with quick filters and a protein skimmer and im getting a really good lighting system.

you are still going to run into trouble with all of those tangs. Go with either a purple or a yellow. They have the same body shape and will end up fighting with each other. Besides, three tangs in a 90 is stil pushing it.

A reef safe wrasse will be fine. As far as the clowns, it is a crap shoot. Most here do not advocate mixing species, they are members of the damsel family and can be mean. It is best to pick out a "mated pair" from the LFS. It just means two clowns have paired off and accept each other. Better safe then sorry.

I would be happy t give them a look. However, I am only a "minor league" player compared to all of the "pros" on this site. 90% of what I know about SW reef-keeping I learned from the wonderful minds here.

Back
Top Bottom