Are these fishes suitable for a new (unmatured) tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok final stocking list:

-10 chromis (currently in the tank)
-1 ocellaris clown (currently in the tank)
-1 yellow tang (currently in the tank)

Going to add:

-10 dispar anthias
-2 sand shifting gobies

That's all! This is going to be a reef tank in future. Hence all the reef safe fishes. Will let it become more mature first before transferring it into a reef tank.

Your stocking level is to high. the maximum is 1 inch of adult fish for every 2 gallons of water. I figure your list is a minimum of 87 inches of fish probably more (I choose small gobies to get that number). With the fish you already have you have i figure you have 41-42 inches of adult fish. So you could add 24 more inches of adult fish maximum. Thats maximum others, prefer less fish per gallon 1 to 5 is another common ratio. It all depend on the types of fish too. Messy eaters produce more wastes so you need to give more room. Eel produce less waste to their body length so you don't have to give them that much room.
Oh by the way invertebrates are not included in this calculation very little waste and help remove food wastes left by fish. So stock up on invertebrates

Back
Top Bottom