Are these mated? Clowns in Nem!! =) Pics+Videos!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,

So i got a new H. Crispa Anemone (not bleached and sticky!!) and within 12 hours my clown(s) have hosted it. the big one is boss and rubs in it a lot but the little one goes in when she's not there. i'm wondering if these are just two clowns competing for it or if they are mated? they don't swim together at all they just kinda hang around

here's pics+videos!

2nq4cwm.jpg

30d9zbt.jpg

View My Video #1

View My Video #2

melosu58 said:
How did you get them? Together or separate?

Had the little one for a long time. It was in my tank then my roommates and then back into mine. Recently added the bigger one.

They don't appear to fight at all and I've seen them both rubbing in the anemone together

Maybe eventually they might but I dont think so right now. It does not sound like it anyway.

I dunno. In your video the bigger one seems to chase the other away, like it's keeping that territory for itself. In a mated pair, they wouldn't do that. So...maybe. :)

Nice pics and vids though, btw.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the pics and the video.
BTW...the anemone does the hosting...the clowns are just along for a free home :wink:

I agree w/ DT and Melosu. Since they are tolerant of eachother, I would say in the future they may pair up though. How long exactly did you have the smaller clown before adding the larger?

Well... they don't really seem to share it during the day as the big one chases the little one out most of the time but at night they both sleep in it together. I wonder if it's possible they're just friends who share it at night?

One more pic :)

original.jpg

Nice pic! Are those white spots on the fish or just dust/sand?

roka64 said:
Nice pic! Are those white spots on the fish or just dust/sand?

Salt stains on the glass... I've been lazy

My YT+Rabbitfish+3damsels+small clown all survived ich already

here's another video. as you can see the big one tolerates the little one for awhile longer

overnight they both stay in it the whole time without any aggression

View My Video

Back
Top Bottom