Are these snails sold on ebay ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking at expanding my cleaning crew and am looking at some snails on eBay. I see a lot of auctions for "Nassarius Obsoleta" and "Ilyanassa" snails. Is there anything to be concerned about with these snails or can i add the to my 75g tank and expect them to do a good job?

Thanks

They are great snails. They bury in the sand like nassarius but don't stay in the sand all the time, they also will spend alot of time topside cleaning the glass and rocks. .

I believe brenden loved the snails as well. From my understanding they send you 30% more snails than you need incase of loss during shipping. If I had a larger reef tank I would buy them in a heart beat.

i just bought 50 like a month ago they are doing great they are good stuff

I bought a woooping 100 of these guys, and they are the best ever. When you feed the fish these little guys go crazy pikcing up the leftovers.

I ordered 50 of the Llynasa snails off of ebay, and got over 100 of them in the actual shipment. They are very active little snails, and most (that my hermits haven't picked off, and that I haven't given away) are still living today, about a year later. Definitley a good investment.

i bought about 150 for my 75 gal. havent received them though and the ebay seller aaronssales said they had some problems with moving, tanks destroyed, and also needed to collect more. so i would watch out for this seller until later.

i have less than a dozen of them now. evry othr day, when its feeding time of the frozen mix recipe, i would let the mix thaw out then let ONE DROP of liquid hit the water. Its amazing that these snails immidiately pick this up and suddenly u have snails all over the tank. 8O

i just bought 50 of them for 17.50 shipped. I'm hoping he sends closer to 75. His name is tmjscollections on eBay. I read his feedback and everyone liked him a lot, plus his shipping is really fast i guess which was better than what i was hearing from the others. So hopefully, in a few days, i'll have a bunch of these guys cleaning the hell out of my tank:)

i havent seen much cleaning on the tank other than cleaning the leftovers and the sand. not much on the glass or live rock.

the turbo snails about the size of a half dollar are much into the glass and live rock cleaning and anything with food.

They aren't the best algae grazers but they will eat some. I certainly wouldn't keep them in place of other algae grazing snails. They are great for clean up though and help turning the sandbed.

pelochas said:
i havent seen much cleaning on the tank other than cleaning the leftovers and the sand. not much on the glass or live rock.

the turbo snails about the size of a half dollar are much into the glass and live rock cleaning and anything with food.

i was wondering about that. I'll probably end up getting some hermits and more turbos anyways, but at least my sand bed will be clean now...it's pretty nasty looking.

Turbo's, and Margarita do the best for me on the glass / rock surface for alage. Bumble Bee's i use for the rock work cleaning and the those little guys from ebay do a 50/50 job on the alage in my tank. These little guys are cleaning about half the alage on my back wall. So all and all they are a great addition for the extermely low price compared to other snails.

Back
Top Bottom