ARGH, Crabs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I have never paid much attention to the no claws comments lately but last night I had to evict 2 crabs and one was supposed to be a reef safe emerald crab!

I bought 2 new corals yesterday which I will hopefully have pics later of but one of my brown hitchhiker crabs pretty much went straight for one of the leathers and started picking on it. He was gone.

I had also been wondering about my xenia. It was awesome when I got it and lately it appeard to be missing some of its arms and just did not look good. This morning I found the emerald going to town on it! Got him right out of there.

When I move the tank in a few weeks, I think I will have to do either a fresh water dip or a selser dip to rid myself of these crabs!

Just wanted to vent ... :)

My crabs have been naughty as well... most have been moved to their own crab tank.. but it is so hard to catch the little @#!*!'s sometimes!

I feed them earthworms in their own tank now. The big crab races towards the earthworms now when I drop them in, but all the little crabs run away terrified of the worm LOL !!!

Back
Top Bottom