ASAP Please - RBTA and anemone crab deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petrichor

Aquarium Advice Activist
My lfs has a 2-3 inch RBTA and anemone crab combo for $55. The anemone is bleached but has bright pink tips and the crab is about an inch. Lfs closes in two hours and I won't be near it for a while.

Should I get these guys? Seems like a great deal and I'm willing to nurse the RBTA back to health. Tank info should be in sig. I know it's a small tank, but I'm willing to rehome/split anemone when it needs to be.

Also have sexy shrimp and anemone combo for $40 with smaller RBTAs about an inch diameter. Better deal?

Thanks!

crister13 said:
I would do the bigger nem crab. I cant see your sig because I'm on my phone.

+1. I would go for the larger nem/crab. 120w LED should be strong enough to keep the anemone. From what I've read, pretty much all anemones are bleached to some extent by the time we buy them.

Yea, I read that most anemones are bleached too, and this LFS has some large RBTAs they've had for a while in the same tank so I know their water and lights must be good.

I ended up buying the crab and anemone (sexy shrimp was only available with a sebae anemone). The anemone immediately scooted into a rock crevice but the crab looks quite happy in his new home. Hopefully the anemone comes back out when it gets adjusted to my lights.

Yeah, when I got my anemone I put it where I thought would be best for it, but it spent the next day moving down and back, then stretched to front. Then few days ago, it moved right back to where I had placed it to begin with, right up top front!! :) maybe yours will come full circle too! Here's hoping! :)

Back
Top Bottom