At a loss!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys so I woke up this morning to see my longnose hawkfish dead and my hermits eating him. All my other fish and corals seem perfectly normal. He has been acting a lil wired this past week not really swimming around and eating as much as usual. Now I have two questions any ideas of what could of happened? Also he's in the back of the tank behind all the rock I can just see it through a hole in the rocks should I take it out or just let my cuc do there job? Also my parameters are all 0 and no signs of any diseases or infections

How is your pH? The only time I had fish die, it was a pH problem. Started with one fish, then the rest started to get sick. Lost 4 fish before I knew it. I would take him out. Could start a nitrogen problem.

I don't have a pH test...how should I test for that? Should I just take my water to my lfs?

I always just take it in to my lfs. We have a testing kit, but it is not very accurate. I would just take a sample in to the store and let them know that a fish bit the dust and you are trying to figure out why.

I use test strips, a little pricey but pretty accurate, and they also test for nitrite, nitrate,and alkalinity .

Yea I'm currently saving up to get a RKE or a Neptune Apex

Yea I have liquid test for ammonia nitrites nitrates calcium KH phosphates but haven't got the ph test yet...I use all API testing products

Back
Top Bottom