atinics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just looked at the order my husband made for our vho retro kit and appearently the bulbs are one 72" blue atinic and the other is a 72" white atinic. Is this right? I thought one was sopposed to be "atinic" and the other a regular flourecent...or is it just that? :?:

the "actinic white" is a 50/50 bulb and the super actinic is well...just actinic. IMO, the actinic and actinic white, make a very nice combination for a SW tank.

Provided it's enough light for the corals, then yeah, the spectrum is fine. I can't think of a 72" tank though that I would only use 2 72" bulbs on....I'd go with at least 4 for a 125 and that would still be limiting on the inverts you could keep.

Yes I know, but I am only stocking the tank with corals with moderate to low lighting requirements and placing them directly under the bulbs. The way I have my tank set up, everything is placed in the middle, I have wide open spaces to the front and back, infact the spaces take up about 2/3 of the tank. If I decide to purchase more rock and spread out the base a little bit I will of course buy more lighting.

Back
Top Bottom