Atlantic anemone reef safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got an atlantic anemone in the tank, thriving and gigantic. I've also started purchasing corals. Then it dawned on me, is the atlantic anemone reef safe/coral safe? Thanks.

Attachments

• p1010007_169.jpg
    p1010007_169.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 69
it will sting any corals you put near it and it can kill them with long term stings. I am going through that now with a BTA, it is stinging the heck out of my frog spawn. So place the corals away from the anemone and hope the anemone does not decide to take a walk.

I agree, lots of people (me included) keep anemones in thier reefs but they really aren't reef friendly. As long as the anemone has plenty of room, you should be ok til it moves or with any luck, your corals spread. ;)

darn. I guess I can always bring it back to the place where I bought it. I really like the anemone, but I don't want a $10 dollar anemone killing $60 dollars worth of green mushroom corals. :(

What u can do is to place a rock far/seperate from the other LR for the anemone. My BTA can't get the other corals in the tank cuz it's isolated on its own part of the reef :p. My anemone likes its spot anyway hehe

fishfrik your just lucky that it stayed where you put it.. There is no piece of LR that will keep an anemone sectioned off from the tank if it wants to get around it. They will travel on the glass, sand, LR if they want to move.

seaham358 said:
fishfrik your just lucky that it stayed where you put it.. There is no piece of LR that will keep an anemone sectioned off from the tank if it wants to get around it. They will travel on the glass, sand, LR if they want to move.

Indeed. Mine loved to take walks on the sand.

Back
Top Bottom