Atlantic Blue Tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So while i was getting my new fish today I was talking to the fish guy. He recommended the above fish instead of a yellow tang and that my 55 would be sufficient.

I was looking for a kole tang but they didnt have any.

Anyone have any experience with these fish?

Just face the facts, time to turn the 125 into the reef lol!! Your freshwater fish could suffer for just a little longer :)

aww man i thought I had a good one. LOL I guess I'll keep searching. :-(

I can't upgrade the sw for a few months, I just did one this week.

I have some cichlids that will need the growing room so the 125 is theirs. i already painted the back black too.

Haha thats great. So what do YOU think? What tang is ok in a four foot tank if bought small for up to 9 months?

I'd love to hear an official tang polices' suggestions.

:)

Thanks!!

Hold out for the yellow eyed Kole tang. Either get your LFS to order it or get it online.

Ok. lol I'm trying to wait. I just hate to spend the same amount on shipping as the fish costs. But if thats the only tang I can have now maybe I will consider it. How big do they grow? I'm gonna do some more specific research in a few. When I upgrade to the 125g later this year can i still get a yellow tang to go with the kole?

Sorry for so many questions!

thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

But I thought scopas tangs got even bigger than yellow tangs? Like a foot long!

i've never seen a foot long scopas in captivity. i've never seen one on a wholesale stock list either. i think that's a mistake. i believe them to get to be about 6".
meanwhile, you are upgrading to the 125. it will be fine for a scopas.

Oh! Huh I was unaware, liveaquaria says 1 foot....and bluezooaquatics says 15 inches

Back
Top Bottom