Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good choice. I have two jbj's running now and havent had any issues other than one time recently one of the floats got stuck. It had been in there for over 2 years with no cleaning so that was my own fault. lol

I use a maxijet since I have alot of evaporation, I used to use the aqualifter pump when it was a smaller tank. Anything will do as long as it can push the water to the tank you need it in.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #32
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I use the Jbj without any issue in tandem with an aqua lifter. I have it in mode for one sensor. Works great, even use it for lazy man water changes without issue. No alarms on mine.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm sold on the JBJ...esp since the Tunze doesn't seem to be able to run with a sensor in thr tank and one in the reservoir.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I would not set it up that way. I would use the 2 floats for high and low levels in the sump. I would rather burn out my maxijet than run my sump dry, lose the benefit of my sump/skimmer/algae, and possibly burn out my return pump(s).
Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
I would not set it up that way. I would use the 2 floats for high and low levels in the sump. I would rather burn out my maxijet than run my sump dry, lose the benefit of my sump/skimmer/algae, and possibly burn out my return pump(s).
Good point, plus I have my heater it the sump. If it turns on while dry... Pop
Old 08-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Is that directed at my comment? If so, I'm running a 20G nano with no sump, so it's either both floats in the tank or split between the tank and freshwater reservoir. I was going to put the low level float in the top off water and the high water float in the tank...
Old 08-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
And this would shut off the pump if too much water was removed from the top off reservoir? I suppose that would work. It's not really going to matter anyway, because once the tank float is submerged, it's going to shut the pump down anyway. You could just keep the other float as a spare.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com