Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

If I was to buy an ato setup. Is there one better than others that u all would recommend.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I love my JBJ ato. Simple to operate and cheap. lol

Old 01-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

If I had to do it over, I'd go with the autotopoff.com two switch system ($51) and a Tom's aqualifter pump ($16). The JBJ has some nice features (lights, modular float switches and a buzzer), but I don't think it justifies the price tag ($100). The aqualifter can be used as an air pump or water pump, so it won't burn out if the water level in the reservoir gets low (although it is loud when that happens). If you don't have a source for the aqualifter, autotopoff sells some cheap pumps that should do fine for a transfer pump. You have to get a transfer pump for the JBJ anyway. Both use very similar float sensors.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutrag View Post
If I had to do it over, I'd go with the autotopoff.com two switch system ($51) and a Tom's aqualifter pump ($16).
That's pretty much my setup... only I have the in-tank switches which have the snail guards, since I bought it used. Took some eggcrate to lower the bracket since mine is in sump.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm losing a half a gallon daily or more, I don't know why I haven't purchase an ATO yet. I like the looks of the autotopoff.com.
boardsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yep def worth the money. Beats walking to your tank with buckets all the time.

Tags
setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com