Attaching a backgound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mp3z24

Aquarium Advice Freak
i picked up a cheapo reversible background at the lfs yesterday. it is the plastic-y one that is deep blue on one side and black on the other. how should i attach it to the tank to keep it from trapping water and/or salt between it and the glass? i have heard of people using vaseline on to stick it to the glass... any truth to it? or does anyone have any other methods... yes, i realize "just tape it" is another option... :p

~mike

I've used tape it lets go eventually,now i just paint the back of the tank with black, dark blue or green-Anne

I just used duct tape and made sure that it was extra tight without any air behind it. I taped the top bottom and sides with the black duct tape.

I run a bead of silicone around the perimeter & secure background w/ tape. 24 hours later, remove tape & background is water tight until you want it removed. It's sealed & nothing gets between the layers. That's on a glass tank. Unsure how it would work on acrylic- may be there forever! 8O

Back
Top Bottom