Attaching toadstools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got 2 new baby toadstool, and I have mounted them with glue 3 times and they keep falling off! The one bigger toadstool had a stem, so I rubberbanded the stem to a rock and so far is working. Will being rubberbanded to a rock hurt the toadstool? What can I do to attach the other toadstool, it has hardly any stem at all? This is a royal PITA! :lol:

Most of the softies do not glue well. The rubber band method works OK as long as you don't get it too tight. You can also attach them with a piece of bridal veil. Cut a strip, place it over the coral (just tight enough to hold it), and glue it to the rock on both sides. You can also pin them to a rock using super glue and a plastic toothpick. Or, you can just lay it on some rock rubble and let it attach on its own. Then glue the rubble, with the attached coral, to the rock of your choice.

Wont it need the light though? Can I put it in a tuppaware with rubble, I think the fishes might swim past it and make it float off

Man if you get this figured out I would love to know about it.... I bought a "baby" toadstool a month ago and still can't get the sucker to attach to anything.... he's on the sand bed right now.... I've used glue,rubberband, etc and nothing.... I've even placed him in little pockets of LR with light and he'll push his way off..... for now I'm leaving him on the sand until I know something will work.........

Back
Top Bottom