Attacking clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stusclan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was doing my regular tank cleaning today, and my four year old tank raised perculas began attacking my arm. This is a first - is this a normal behavior for my usually docile clowns? I haven't noticed any eggs anywhere or else I would have chalked it up to that. Confusion abounds.

Terry

I've seen this before at my lfs with maroon clowns and some others. The lfs puts the clowns in cubicles that have an anemone and whenever someone puts their hand in the tank to get something out the clown bites them to defend their anemone/territory

My ocellaris clowns are about a year old, one tank raised and one wild caught. They will nip at my arm sometimes when I'm moving stuff around in the tank.

At work our ocellaris' will attack our masks (watch your eye!) and arms. Damsels they are indeed :p

I agree that this is not unusual. My maroon gold stripe will do the same thing. No need for confusion.

Thanks all, this was a first - and like I said, I've had them for four years and never a biting incident before.

Very unfunny clowns!
Terry

Back
Top Bottom