Auto doser opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am considering getting a doser for my 110 reef tank. Tank is about a year old and tired of manually dosing. What dosing system are you guys using? What would you recommend? I am not running a controller of any kind. I do have an ato system but no controller. Any thoughts. Want to dose calcium. Alk. And mag.

Not dosing as I have very few coral and do weekly water changes however I'd like to follow as I will be adding more coral in the near future.

Wouldn't mind seeing people's opinions on dosing against calcium rectors also.

A fried of mine just adds a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda every morning and that keeps all his levels in check. His tank is 1000 litres almost fully loaded with sps

I am using aquavitro products. And that's what I intend to dose. I have heard its easier to dose on a smaller scale vs a calcium reactor. Any thoughts? A calcium reactor seems complicated!

You probably get more control dosing with something like kalk that you do running a calcium reactor. BRS makes a dosing pump, or you can probably just add it into your ATO water if you use one (just keep an eye on your levels to make sure they don't skyrocket).

I looked those up. Thanks for the info. Will these pumps only dose 2 products?

I have the brs dual dosing pumps and they work great ...No problems as of yet six months into it with um..

Why does everything in this hobby cost a darn fortune!!!! ?? Ever figured cost per gallon?? Ha

Well, think about the huge scope of what building a successful self contained reef system represents; engineering, chemistry, biology, electronics and animal husbandry, all rolled into a small glass box in your living room. Makes gardening look simple. Amazing it works at all.

I have these dosers from china marine magic 40.00 they work great

How long have you been running them? Any problems at all? Are they easy to set?

1 month so far they r great I run them off my controller but u can also use timer

Back
Top Bottom