auto feeder and vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, next week its off to Cozumel for 2 week of diving bliss. (taking fish orders, clamnuckle I'll get your shells) :wink:
I have a 17 year old neighbor who is going through a high pressure training program tommorow. He will (for a price) be caring for my stepchildren(fish) in our absence. He doesn't know about cleaning the skimmer or water top offs yet hehe :lol:
Yes I am going to pre measure all the food so I don't come back to an algea factory and fish that need to go on weightwatchers but......
My wife has a problem with someone coming in our house everyday, and has requested every other or preferably 3rd day so.....
Does anyone know of any "good" auto feeders? Or had experience with a bad one I should know about.
I am nervous to leave my animals in the care of the clueless, its like sending you kids to summer camp for the first time.
Open to any ideas.

Qshark I feel your pain! I am leaving for a week Monday, and I will be leaving my fish to clueless also. I got an auto-feeder it's name is Jeremy, my brother in law. I am going to measure out the food. If you recall my fish are in qt. He will be doing two 7g water changes while I am gone. Once on Tues, and Thurs. I will have the water pre mixed with salt, and medicine. I have to have the change during the week or it could get ugly in the qt. The levels are a big battle. I am sorry I am no help with the auto feeder.

PS. Could you pic me up a couple of tangs, and a couple of butterflys? :lol: JK of course.

Have a great time, I cant wait to see the dive pics!!

revhtree said:
PS. Could you pic me up a couple of tangs, and a couple of butterflys? :lol: JK of course.
quote]
Thanks rev. The Tangs are mostly Blue (not regal) and the butterfly's are mostly 4 eyed. I attach a pick on the next post.
I'll be happy to get them for you if you'll pay my bail to the Mexican Govt. 8O
They are very serious about protecting their waters, you can't touch anything in the parks. :wink:

I second Indy's comment, or would that be fourth them? You could even feed less than that if you had to. I'm consolidating my tanks to make it easier for my fishsitter. I've got a week or so to get everything ready. What a pain in the chair!

Thanks all. My fishsitter came over yesterday and we spent alot of time going over things. He will even clean my skimmer....lol
I feel a bit better about it. Also my lfs is on backup if there are any real problems.
Think we are OK.

Where did you stay when you were in cancun? I stayed at the Gran Caribe 2 years ago and at the end of july i'll be at the Riu Palace las Americas.

We stayed at the Regina Weston. Very nice place, Cancun is a blast. I saw the Riu, nice place as well.
I actually prefer Cozumel, away from the cruise ship area, its a little quieter and the water is calmer which is great for my kids.

Back
Top Bottom