Auto Top Off Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GAhockey1992

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Like the title says, what’s everyone’s suggestion for an auto top off system?

Tank is a 20 long with a DIY 10 gallon sump.

I’ve been debating between the JBJ ATO or the IceCap ATO. Any experience with these or other suggestions?

I use the jbj system that runs a solenoid connected to my water line. But Incase of failure of the solenoid or the controller, I made sure that my sump has an overflow line direct to a floor drain.

So far so good since January.

I use the jbj system that runs a solenoid connected to my water line. But Incase of failure of the solenoid or the controller, I made sure that my sump has an overflow line direct to a floor drain.

So far so good since January.

What size tank and sump/return section? And what size pump did you get with it?

Just trying to get an idea what size pump I should get.

My ato fills up about a 20 gallon section of a 49 gallon sump. I don’t use a pump with my ato. Like I said above, I have a solenoid that the ato controls with a line connected directly to my home’s waterline.

For a tank your size I would honestly look at the Auto Aqua Smart ATO. I have a ten gallon reef and it is perfect for reefs under 30. Really simplistic setup that comes with everything but the reservoir. I just keep a 5 gallon bucket filled with RO under my stand and I couldn't be happier with it. The system was really easy to setup and has run flawlessly since December. Here's the link to it on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Smart-ATO-Micro-Automatic-AutoAqua/dp/B0195D3LC6

My apologies. I need to learn to read. I now see that this for sw. my setup is for fw, which is most likely not suitable for you. I would follow dallascowboys’ advice.

Back
Top Bottom