Automation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No tank is fully automated. Skimmers will eventually need emptied, fish will still need fed. There are controllers on the market that can assist with controlling things like lights, heaters, pumps, and probes.

I automated my 29 pretty well but it still needs human intervention. Put a $40yi web cam on your skimmer and it's a holiday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I need advise on what equipment is needed in order to make my 55 gal marine tank fully automation.

a butler?

You could always make a drain for your skimmer to a large container and an auto top off for your tank.

Youll always need to step in, just less frequent.
Im thinking of tapping a drain line into my skimmer cup. Its an aquatic life 115 nano skimmer

You could potentially (almost) fully automate your tank... A timed hopper to mix salt water in a self refilling container, timed peristaltic pumps to do water changes, a refilling ATO container, skimmer that drains directly into.. a drain.

There's lots you can do to automate your tank, but when all is said and done regular tank maintenance doesn't take a TON of time and automation of a tank can always go horribly wrong. All it takes is a single float valve, sensor, or timer to stop working properly to cause a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom