Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-31-2003, 03:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
B-Inoic sure but what else???

I am using this for my clams & coral but I am unsure as to other chemicals I still need to be using? It states that it replaces all trace elements so I have not been using that particular bottle but what about iodine & strontium. Should I still be adding them?? And for the next questions., I do not own a test kit for either.

Hang in there with me, Im trying to learn, someday I might just get it 8O

Act on your impulses.. You'll feel good now & it will give you something to regret later!!
reefobsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
B-Ionic has at least 70 different trace elements and thus claims to not need any other additives... I would not add anything other than that to your system without having a test specificly for the additive... Iodine or Iodide is poisonous, and in high levels, can really hurt the tank... Strontium too can be toxic if not careful... This is the reason for the all in 2 chemicals such as B-Ionic and Oceans Blend etc...Both solutions should have exactly the right amounts of the other trace elements and if doing routine water changes, you may not need as much of each part... There has been some discussions about the toxicity of using 2 part additives over the course of time... I don't claim to know a lot about it, I just know I use them and I like the results... I think the most imprtant thing in this is, if you don't test for it, don't add it until you are able to test for it....
Old 12-31-2003, 11:28 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
I use the Kent Tech CB which is a two part additive similar to the B-Ionic. I don't add anything else although I do keep some alk buffer and calcium additive handy in case I have to adjust one without changing the other. Like Timbo said...if you don't test for it, don't add it.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Logan J
loganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:32 PM   #4
If youare doing regualr water changes you are adding trace elements back in. I would not worry about adding them just do water changes.
captivereefs is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com