B-Ionic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone here use the two part B-Ionic Calcium and Alkalinity Buffers? If so how often do you dose? And how much per gallon?

I started out using B-Ionic but switched to C-balance. I switched for no reason other than availability. Dosing though is the same with both, and it will depend on how much calcium you need to replace. So my numbers won't really mean anything except for my tank. Best thing is to chart your calcium numbers on a daily basis between water changes. Then you'll know your average daily consumption. Based on that, figure out your dosage amounts.

But just for comparison purposes, in my 46g tank with a fair amount of LPS and a few SPS, but a huge coralline algae load, I dose 25ml per day of both A and B. I just recently upped it from 20ml per day. My birdsnest seems to be sucking up the calcium!

How often do you do PWCs? I know it varies from tank to tank based on load and consumption of trace elements and other factors. I am just trying to get a general idea.

Back
Top Bottom