Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2004, 07:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

B-ionic experience

I got my Alk and CA where I want them with a few water changes now I plan on using b-ionic to maintain them. CA-400ppm ALK-3.0 meg/l. I have 4 LPS's all fairly small, 3" each across the base, and "lots" of coralline. (29 gal). Anybody have any experience with B-ionic? I need some help with the amount I should dose to keep the CA, ALK stable? I realize every tank has different demands, but a good starting point would be great.

Old 02-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It is really hard to say. It may be easier to "map out" your ALK and Ca usage over the course of a couple weeks to see what those levels do. Then you could adjust your dosing to match the depleting levels.

Or for the impatient...

Just begin using the recommended dosage and test your levels each day. If you see them starting to rise, cut back. If they are falling, dose more. It is really trial and error more than anything else.

I don't have any experience with B-Ionic. I use Kent's Tech CB series. I believe those two products are pretty much neck and neck with each other as far as popularity and usage.

Old 02-22-2004, 08:04 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Just begin using the recommended dosage and test your levels each day. If you see them starting to rise, cut back. If they are falling, dose more. It is really trial and error more than anything else.
This is the method I would use. It is a bit tiresome for a week or so, but will work well. Once you find the proper daily or every other day dosage, you can test once a week and adjust your dosage as the demands on your tank go up.

Quote:
I don't have any experience with B-Ionic. I use Kent's Tech CB series. I believe those two products are pretty much neck and neck with each other as far as popularity and usage.
If I can find it...I think I'm gonna go with the Warner Marine two parter, from what I've read it is supposed to be very good, I am currently using up a gallon of the kent stuff, once it's gone...I'll be going to bionic or the Warner Marine two parter.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
If I can find it...I think I'm gonna go with the Warner Marine two parter, from what I've read it is supposed to be very good, I am currently using up a gallon of the kent stuff, once it's gone...I'll be going to bionic or the Warner Marine two parter.
I haven't heard of the Warner Marine supplement. Will have to check into that. I am in the same boat as you. I have one gallon of both Tech A & B to use up. Once I finish that I may change to B-Ionic. Just want to try something different.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:23 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

I've used both, I started with C-balance, then B-ionic, then the Kents. I have always felt that Kents and C-balance were very week. I have to use twice the recommended dosage to maintain CA and AK levels, event though I dose kalk every night. B-ionic always mangaed to maintain levels using less product.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:28 AM   #6

For a 29 gallon try 4ml's a day, You may have to move up to 5ml's per day.That should get you in the ballpark.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:10 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
I use b Ionic on my 65 and it works very well.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #8

I use B ionic as well and it works great.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:12 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
Love the B-ionic

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com