B-Ionic Salt Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Me and Pat are considering using it, but its not something I have heard many people using. Here is a review.
Product Review: B-Ionic Seawater is Good to the Last Drop | Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine

Its about 10$ more expensive then red sea coral pro for 200 gallon mix, and sounds like it has a lot of Pros to RSCP's cons (unclear water and slime/funk build up.)

Thoughts?
Also has anyone tried the Tropic Marin stuff, regular or the reef pro?

I haven't, but after reading that article, it may be worth while to check into.

It is pretty interesting that he is keeping a nano and doing 100% water changes on it all the time. Seems to be working out for him though because the tank and coral look really nice.

The more I read the more I like it, no hard build ups on pumps, crystal clear water, no slime coating. I'd pay an extra $10 for that.

To be honest I get the same thing out of oceanic salt mix. If you do start using it maybe give us a report on it. I`d like to know how it performs.

This is what I have been using for months now. It is by far the cleanest fastest mixing saltmix I have ever used. There is absolutely NO residual build up in the mixing container. It is also very consistent, in regards to parameters. Plus it mixes at very ideal numbers, I get 9-alk, 450-cal. I like it especially because it mixes up in 10-minutes. I don't have to wait 24-48 hours like any other saltmix; and this comes in handy because I never liked having a trashcan in my family room for 24-hours. Especially with a baby in the house. I haven't read the article yet, but I will check it out now.

So where are you getting it at? I`ve not seen it at any of the LFS`s here.
I have purchased it from both premiumaquatics.com and marinedepot.com
I haven't seen it in an LFS either. But I live close enough to marinedepot that I picked it up without paying shipping.

Other saltmixes I have tried are: Tropic Marin Pro Reef x1 bucket, DD H2Ocean x1 bucket and Coralife x multiple buckets.

How do you think it compares to the Tropic Marin Pro Reef? I'm thinking about getting one or the other, I'm just worried because my roommate is going to take care of the tank while im at my internship, I'm thinking the 4 part salt is going to be too much for him.

How do you think it compares to the Tropic Marin Pro Reef? I'm thinking about getting one or the other, I'm just worried because my roommate is going to take care of the tank while im at my internship, I'm thinking the 4 part salt is going to be too much for him.

That was good stuff too, and pretty clean mixing. I stopped the TMPR because I was getting alk readings of 8 and lower. However, I found later that was probably my own fault because my refractometer needed to be recalibrated. Now I recalibrate it every week before I do my pwc.
As far as simplicity of walking another person through it, I think the TMPR would be easier. But for me, I'm going to keep using the ESV unless I want to save some money on somethng else.
What are you doing an internship in?

Back
Top Bottom