Baby clown HELP! Jumping in the refuge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bkmrsteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had two baby clown fish for about two weeks now. They are about 3/4", one slightly larger then the other. No problems tell tonight!

When I couldn't find one after feeding, before bed, it raised questions, thought he was just hiding in a rock.

Got up in the middle of the night, and he was still no where to be found. That is tell I looked in the refuge! Fished him out, and placed him back in the tank thinking it was a fluke. Five min latter he jumped back in the over flow box and took the ride back down!

I cut off the return pump for now, but I need to find a solution! thank god I didn't have a sock on the end for filtering!

Squidy07 said:
sounds like nemo haha

I was really resisting naming any fish nemo, let alone the clown fish. Although being the smaller one, he well be the male, a baby, and finds a need to jump into the filter!

I wove some zip ties threw the grates on the overflow, hopefully making it to tight for him to get sucked in if to close. He will have to jump in at this point. 4:30 in the morning, I just want to sleep knowing my fish are safe and doing well.

Lol!
Sounds like your doing what needs to be done but that's too funny.

Could be that the pull from the overflow is too strong if they're that small. try adjusting the flow

Back
Top Bottom