Baby Clownfishes and their tiny GBTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I don’t see a section for Anemones and Clownfish so I am posting this thread here…..

Really wish this guy would hurry up and split I need a small one to go in with my baby clownfish they have now out grown the little green bta that I had put in there with them and they love it so much they keep pushing the other ones out of it so they can get in there…

Splitting isn't usually a good thing. It is reproducing itself due to stress and trying to keep its genetic code going. They will do this in good health, but isn't common as stress in our aquariums.

I'm glad to see someone else that has a phantom clown. I am amazed that your phantom gets along with others because mine is so possessive that I had to move it to a tank without any other clowns. All mine did was fight. pretty tank!

My phantom clownfish is paired up with a Snowflake and I have them in my DT. They are too young to start breeding. Hoping to see them start breeding next year.
These babies in the above picture are from True Perc parents.

I started back in November of last year trying to raise them but this is my first batch to live this far. They will be 5 months old in a week. I had another batch that hatched back in Aug but only 4 survived. These are True Percs and from what I have been told they are much harder to raise then the Ocellarious. And True Percs take longer to develop as well.

That is awesome. I have read up on how to raise them, I found it very interesting. How long before you can sell them?

I am hoping to sell them in December for the larger ones and depending on if the runts catch up in growth by then they too will be sold in December if not then they will be sold in January all depends on their growth rate.

I seen some at the LFS that we so small, the size of my pinky nail. They were REALLY cute! Are you selling them to a store, or on Craig's list or something?

I will be selling them to my local LFS and to locals here in Houston who want to buy them.

Back
Top Bottom