BABY SHRIMP EVERYWHERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SYLVERXRS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just looked in my tank and saw 200 to 300 baby shrimp. I think my peppermint shrimp was the culprit. Do you think any of them will make it, and can I do anything to help them out. My percula clowns are loving them, or should I treat them as a free meal for my fish? TIA

There's not much you can do other than take care of the tank as you've been. Nature will take it's course. If some grow up great. If not, then they just become part of the system in another way :)

You could put a fine mesh over any intakes to help prevent them from getting sucked into the filter system.

Not to sound mean, but don't get your hopes up. You comment about your Perc pretty much sums it up. They will have a very slim chance of surviving in an enclosed system as most will end up food for the other tank inhabitants. To give them the best chance, keep your tank well fed (but don't over feed) and do as TCT suggested, cover intakes so they aren't sucked up.

Other than that, keep your fingers crossed :D

My cleaner shrimp have spawned a couple times since I've gotten then... I've yet to see a survivor make it past morning. :?

perhaps a better chance. but again you'll need to keep them from being sucked into the return pump.

you'll have to do some research and see what it takes to raise them.

It is pretty difficult to raise shrimp(even w/ a "hatchery" type setup). My cleaners both spawn every 3-5 weeks soon after lights out and the fry are gone by morning! None the less, your tank is being well fed!

I just noticed the same thing - fortunately all fishies are in qt for a black spot issue with my yellow tang. We'll see what happens. I wonder if any will survive the trip to the fluval?

The whole thing with "The Brain" asking "Pinky" a question has me disoriented. I dont even know the topic anymore.

alarmguy66 said:
The whole thing with "The Brain" asking "Pinky" a question has me disoriented. I dont even know the topic anymore.

I guess there has to be a "first" time for everything. Next thing you know, pinky will want to take over the world! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom